Friday, April 11, 2014

A life without a pet...

For most of my life, I have lived without a pet.  When I was born, my family had a golden retriever named Tara, who passed away shortly before my first birthday. Needless to say, I do not remember her at all. I have heard stories about her running away and my mom cry for days...my parents were actually thinking about getting a new dog when randomly, weeks after Tara ran away, she showed up covered in mud and extremely happy to be back home.  I have also heard stories and seen pictures of my other brothers riding Tara like she was a horse.  The more thing...I'm sure her bones were weak by the time she passed away.  Once Tara passed away, my parents decided not to get another dog. I guess they thought they had enough to take care of considering they had three kids under the age of four! I can honestly say I have never wanted a pet. I never wanted another dog.  I never knew what it was like to really grow up and live with a pet. I never realized the amazing things a dog can do for a family or the attachment people get to them until recently. My brothers girl friend came home four years ago with a brand new puppy named Daisy.  Although Daisy is not exactly part of my family and hasn't been around my whole life, she is truly special to all of us. I can't believe we ever lived life without her...and it's going to be one sad day when she goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment