Monday, February 17, 2014

MM3: Quizzes on Moodle with Wiris

Today, February 17th, I attended the Quizzes on Moodle with Wiris training on WizIQ by Ramon Eixarch.  This was not my first choice in trainings, I was originally signed up to attend MM3: Connecting to online to improve instructional learning, on February 16th but at the last minute this training was rescheduled to Thursday at 2:00 which I was unable to attend. Due to my busy work schedule and class schedule, this Quizzes on Moodle with Wiris was the only training that fit into my schedule.

I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed in this training.  Ramon Eixarch was very hard to hear and understand.  The whole training was based on secondary and college mathematical equations, graphs and problems.  As a certified Elementary Teacher, secondary and college level math seemed to be in a different language to me!

I tried to put myself in the shoes of a secondary math teacher as I watched this training.  Some cool and interesting features about Wiris:
  •  Perfect integration with Moodle
  • It's FREE!
  • Random variables + graphics
  • Math evaluation of the students answers
  • Formula editor for the students
  • Control for answers
I thought it was really neat that teachers can create and edit their own mathematical formulas, problems and graphs.  The quizzes can enhance an assessment in subjects of Math and Science.  Wiris does not change the questions, it improves the questions.  It can improve questions such as, True/False, Multiple Choice, Matching, Short answer, and Essay.  I also really liked that when the answer is correct it shows a little green check more so students know they got the answer right.

I wish I had more time in my schedule to attend another training that was pertaining more to Elementary Teachers.  Since I can't, I tired to make the most of this experience! (I tired to find a youtube video for Wiris and Primary Grades, I could not find one but I will keep looking!)

No comments:

Post a Comment