Sunday, February 16, 2014

Web 2.0

I can honestly say I've never heard of "Web 2.0" before this class. After reading many of the articles and watching a few videos, I can't believe I've never hear of it before! I learned about the three E's and couldn't agree more with it! I think it is extremely important for students to have a solid environment that makes them feel comfortable.  I remember being in elementary school and having the teacher use the round robin reading method.  Instead of paying attention and following along with the rest of the class, I was too busy counting which paragraph would be mind and re reading it over and over again until it was my turn to read it aloud.  Engagement is the second E and whoever does not agree that this is important is wasting their time being a teacher! This E is extremely important to students of all ages! Students learn the most when they are actively engaged! This means they are paying attention and listening to what is being presented.  Not just because they are forced to but because they actually want to learn. The final E is Example. Not only do students need to be presented with an example of what you expect from them but they also need to see reading and writing done as an example from the teacher.  When they are asked to read, the teacher should be reading. When they are asked to write, the teacher should be writing.

I loved the article that listed the five free Web 2.0 websites. Pinterest, edcanvas, livebinders, storybird, and voicethread are just a few of the free tools! I really like prezi, google docs, smore and animoto as well! I've used prezi before, never knowing it was a Web 2.0 tool!

After exploring many of the Web 2.0 tools, I decided to use Smore to make my flyer about Animoto!


Just click on the link to see it! My Flyer!

Today was my first time exploring both smore and animoto.  I really loved that animoto can make a video presentation by adding videos, photos, captions and music! You can really personalize what it is you are presenting.  Another great thing about animoto is that a 30 second clip is free. To upgrade and get longer clips, you do have to pay.
I decided to use smore as my flyer website because it was honestly the first one I clicked on and it was super easy! You can add a title, captions, videos, pictures, and links. There are different layouts, depending on what it is you want to advertise for. I chose the basic blank flyer and just created and added my own captions, videos and photos.

I'm really glad this class is teaching me new things about technology! I'm starting to feel more comfortable with all these different websites!

No comments:

Post a Comment