Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Collaborative Group Meeting!

Last night was our first group meeting. I'd have to say it went pretty well. I was able to figure out how to send out invitations for WizIQ via e-mail and everyone was on time and ready to go right at 7:30! It was nice that we were all able to see each other through webcam but we turned them off due to poor connection. There seems to still be an echo problem with some of the mics and it makes for hearing yourself sort of awkward!  Also, we were not able to record our meeting unless we paid? Anyways, we discussed the readings and worked on our New Literacies Power point via Google Docs. Google Docs is an awesome tools! It allows you to create, edit and view a project all at once with the rest of your group right there! We are also using google docs for our card group project.  It seems to be easiest way for all of us to add to it!


I thought the readings for this week were very interesting and informative! I loved the videos! It's amazing how much the world around us is changing. Who would have thought we would be able to have a class online via WizIQ? Who knew we would be able to talk to people in different countries via Facebook? Who knew we could see pictures of others in different places of the world via Instagram.  It really is an amazing thing! They are  right when they say Literacy is not just the ability to read write and speak. Being literate has so many more meanings. You must be able to read, write, speak and also be technologically intelligent.  We are lucky we were born into the generation that we were born into. I might actually consider myself a "digital immigrant"!! I do not have any social medias. I am disconnected from Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Although I have an iphone, laptop and TV, there are five year olds out there that can show me the ropes! My three year old cousin has his own ipod. My boyfriends five year old niece just got her own ipad for Christmas. Remember when we used to get excited over Barbies and Super Hero Dolls? Is it safe to say "those were the days?" at the age of 25?!? I'm interested to see what the technology world has in store for us in another 25 years!

I'm feel more comfortable with the online class. I am becoming more familiar with the new e-class website and I'm figured out how to navigate WizIQ! I'm excited for the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment