Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Final Video Blog!

I am happy/sad to say this is my final Blog for Literacy and Technology! I am feeling a bunch of different emotions because I am so happy this semester is over but at the same time I have learned so much, I don't really want it to end! I can't believe the amount of information I have learned over the last 15 week...and the amount of information there is still left to learn!

First I just want to say I have grown so much throughout this semester.  My blogs started out very plain and simple and I slowly started to get better and better! I have learned many Web 2.0 tools such as, Google, Smore, Prezi, Wordle, VoiceThread, Screen castomatic, Present Me and many more! I have learned how to mange my time very effectively.  This course expected a lot from us and with working full time and going to school full time, I had to learn how to mange my time.  Time management is a technique I hope I take with me for the rest of my life! I also learned how to be organized and how to create a separate folder on my computer specifically for this course, Literacy and Technology.  I learned how to create my own online class through WizIQ and Google Hangouts. I learned how to turn documents into PDF files and how to create more motivating and engaging activities and lessons through Web 2.0 tools and the SMARTBOARD training.  I can honestly say I am happy I took this class!

Below is a link to my final video blog and also my actual video blog!
Final Video Blog

Unfortunately, I actually had a very difficult time with my Final Video Blog.  I really wanted to create an actual video of myself.  I tried to use Present Me to do this...I had the whole six minute video complete and it was 99% uploaded when my computer lost internet connection.  I then tried again 5 times and Present Me wouldn't upload any of the videos.  I was becoming very annoyed and overwhelmed when I just decided to use screencastomatic.  Since most of my growth was seen through my blog, I decided to walk you guys through my actual blog! I started on my first blog entry and went though until the end.  Once I completed the video, I then had to upload it onto YouTube...which also gave me a hard time.  I was unaware that I had to create an account and network for the video to verify! Once I figured that all out, I was able to upload it and add it right here to my blog! Although I had a rather annoying time with this project, I actually learned a lot from it! I learned that as awesome as technology is, sometimes there are issues like internet connection! I learned how to be flexible and change my project at the last minute.  Due to this, I was allowed the opportunity to explore one last tool before the semester was over, screencastomatic!  I taught myself how to use it and how to upload the video onto YouTube.  This tool is another tool I will take with me in my future teachings!  


1 comment:

  1. Laura, I can totally relate to your journey through this course. I had never blogged prior to this class either. I was definitely skeptical and concerned about how I would manage blogging each week, in addition to other assignments. I think we all progressed and developed our blogging skills throughout the semester. I bet you didn't think you'd be able to make a video blog like this when we first started! You did a great job. It's amazing to reflect back on all of the hard work we have put into this class. It was great working with you this semester!

    ReplyDelete